Size: 110 size, 130 size, 160 size, 180 size
Production Description: used inside the brake drum, it is easily damaged parts for e rickshaw drum brake
Brand name: ERM
MOQ: 100 pairs
Brake shoes are at the heart of a drum brake system and are the “old school” approach to slowing cars and trucks down. Drum brakes have been in use since the creation of automobiles and can still be found on the rear axles of some trucks and small cars due to their simple design and incredible durability.
What are Brake Shoes?
- Brake shoes are the friction elements of a drum brake system
- They’re made out of steel that’s curved in shape and coated with friction material on one side
- Unlike brake pads, brake shoes can be “re-manufactured” or recycled for future use
How Brake Shoes Work
- During braking, a wheel cylinder in the drum brake system forces the brake shoes outward and against the spinning brake drums
- This creates friction, slowing the drum and as a result, the vehicle
Why Brake Shoes are Still Used
- Because drum brake systems have been around for so long, manufactures can build them cheaply. As a result, it’s not uncommon to find a replacement set of shoes for half the cost of a set of brake pads
- While drum brake systems don’t cool as efficiently as disc brake systems, they work great when used on the rear axles of vehicles. That’s because braking systems in general send most of their braking effort to the front axles. Simply put, your car’s rear brakes will most likely never get hotter than brake shoes can handle
Carton packing, plywood case packing, which can be packaged as per client’s requirement.